Monday, October 1, 2007

Love With Action Update

As we left the church parking lot I began praying, "Please God use us!" God truly answered my prayer. Friday night was one of the greatest experiences I have ever had has a youth pastor. We returned home Friday night after handing out over 300 pairs of socks and 200 pairs of underwear. There are many stories that could be told about our night: from the married couple who sat by the savvis center just wearing socks, which had been turned inside out; to the 20 year old young man who lives in the salvation army hotel at 18th and pine and attends Flo Valley each day trying to receive a degree; to the many people we helped at the park at 14th and locust. I am for some reason still amazed each time God uses me. I am brought back to that simple prayer I prayed pulling out of the parking lot, "Please God use us!" That is my prayer for me, our students and our church. We are now collecting coats...please partner with us again as we attempt to be the church!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

i loved that night! i cant wait to do it again! it wasnt just handed out the sox and being used and everything but we went down to the arch and just being down there at night it was amazing! i loved it

Anonymous said...

maybe we could hand out scarves too...

Anonymous said...

That was seriously an AMAZiNG night. I could not believe how God used us. Just something small like a pair of socks or a pair of underwear gave those people joy and hope. I'm so glad I went and can't wait for the next time we go down there!