Sunday, May 11, 2008

Lord, Save us from your followers

This is a must read!  The author of this book wears a suit with somewhat controversial statements on it into the middle of times square and other cities hoping to find a conversation.  This book addresses the fact that Christians often state our belief but rarely want to have a conversation with someone who disagrees with us.  A challenging chapter in this book for me is when Dan Merchant places a confessional at at Gay and Lesbian convention and asks people to enter it; he then proceeds to confess to them and ask them for forgiveness for how the church has responded to "that culture."  It challenged me to look at how I judge those around me who are not like me...Christ called me to love and not to judge.  May we all love as Christ has called us to!  

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

kyle, where can i find such a "must read"?? !

The Vine said...

from Kyle's Library! Just ask!