Monday, August 18, 2008

Wow...it's been a long 30 hours


I am posting this from my hotel in New York...I am in NYC for my pre site visit for next years Embrace Mission Trip.   I finally made it here after being on the train for 28 hours.  It wasn't to bad being on the train that long...this is what I looked at almost the entire train ride.  I really hope it works out for us to take the train next summer as a youth group.
   I have to say that New York is the craziest city I have ever been to.  I spent almost two weeks here in 2000, but I think I forgot how it was here.  Immediately getting on the subway I was reminded just how diverse this city is.  I got a little lost and ended up having to walk 15 blocks to catch my train to get to the shuttle...but it all worked out.  I am excited to visit some of the organizations we will be serving with tomorrow as well as seeing more of the city.  I will post again tomorrow night!


No comments: