Wednesday, July 8, 2009

The King of Pop....

I sat in my office yesterday and watched the end of the Michael Jackson Memorial....along with over 1 BILLION others! On the right of the page was a spot for people to chat about what was taking place. As I read I got frustrated by those who were using Jesus' name and slamming MJ. Here is part of what Carlos Whittaker from Ragamuffinsoul.com wrote,

"I found it quite nauseating that I kept seeing “Christians” shouting that it was a shame that a child molester was getting such a grand exit, ect.
All I kept thinking was, “Dang. I sure hope these tweets don’t show up at my memorial service. Because if anyone does not deserve a good memorial service, it’s me.”
See here’s the deal.
Not one of us deserves any good and perfect thing we have been given.
Not one.
The second we as Christ followers begin to label “good” and “bad” then God help us all."

I am so thankful that in my messed-up-ness, that God still loves me and forgives me. I am in no place to judge Michael and his life. All I know is there are little kids with no dad now and that hurts me.

How do you feel about Michael?

1 comment:

Jessie Misbauer said...

Micheal Jackson may have been the "King of Pop", but he was a very lonely man. I really feel bad for him, he had everything in this world except an understanding of the love that Jesus has for him. I can not pass judgment on the things that he was accused of, it is not my place. I just feel sorrow for the man who obviously lived a life in pain and tried to find other every other avenue in this world to relieve it.