Tuesday, February 26, 2008

Court Time


I spent about 4 hours today at a juvenile court waiting with a friend who was a victim of assault and robbery.  As I sat there, several young boys were brought into the courtroom.  I listened as one plead guilty to possession of drugs and robbery, another walked in with shackles on his feet and finally the young man walked in that had robbed my friend.  He sat in his chair with his face toward the ground and an emptiness on his face...he ended up pleading guilty to stealing from a person, a felony, and will now face the consequences.  The entire time I couldn't stop thinking about how the decisions we make effect us and can effect us for the rest of our lives.  My heart hurt for these young men as I thought about what there future was going to look like.  Understand that the decisions you make today will effect you tomorrow.  Do your best to make wise decisions...ask God to give you wisdom in your life.

No comments: