Monday, December 29, 2008

It's Been a Long Year

According to this article, they will be adding a second onto this year! I don't know if we will notice or not, but it will happen. It may have felt like a long year with the economic conditions, the transition out of one pastor into another and many other things, but it has been a good year!

My daughter turned 3 and is going on 13
I accomplished my goal of reading 20 books (actually read 23)
We found out the good news that we are going to have another baby!
Had two great weeks of mission trips serving with college and high school students
Had one of my favorite vacations as a family so far

There are many other great things we experienced as a family and I had the opportunity to do as well. What about you? When you reflect back on your year, what do you remember?

2 comments:

romesburg28 said...

As I look back on my year, I think about how lucky I am that Shawn made it home safely from Iraq. I learned that I am a lot stronger than I ever gave myself credit for. I cant believe the year is already over. It feels just like yesterday that it was January 3rd and I was shipping Shawn off to Iraq.

Anonymous said...

when i asked people how they felt about 2008, they would respond with thank God it;s over. i do not like to stay in the past. however, i enjoyed the blessings of being alive everyday, experencing God's beauty, and the way He streched me this past year. i do admit that some years are more spactacular than others, but i look forward to the new blessings and challenges that are coming in 2009. everyday is new. gina