Wednesday, December 10, 2008

This has been a tough one

I usually wait until I have finished reading a book to give an overview of what I read, however, I feel this book can't wait. Randy Pausch was a professor at Carnegie Mellon University and was diagoned with Pancreatic Cancer which included 10 tumors in his liver. He delivered his "Last Lecture" to his students and it has now become a book. He was a husband and a father of three and seemed to love them very much.

I believe I am a pretty happy person and very optimistic person, however, life is been pretty good to me. I wonder how I would respond to something so difficult. I would like to believe that my faith would be bigger than an obstacle in my way, but I am also honest enough to know it would be hard. I don't know what you situation is like or if you are facing difficult days ahead, but one thing I am learning from Randy Pausch is you can't always control what comes your way but you can control how you respond to what comes.

May you live life today to the fullest, no matter what you are facing.



1 comment:

Mike said...

Man I saw Randy on Oprah, he was going around giving speeches after his diagnosis, I was really touched by his outlook on life. I will have to read this book.