Monday, February 16, 2009

So glad to live in NOCO

My daughter, KJ, has been attending Preschool now for about 5 weeks and I went to pick her up a few minutes early last week.  They were in the gym playing and I noticed the diversity of her 'friends.'  I have to say I am so thankful to live in an area that is so diverse.  I want her to grow up with kids of all colors and for her to not even notice someone's skin color.  My hope is that we all begin to see people as people and not by their class, their skin color, their gender, etc.  But we don't!  We make assumptions and judgements simply by the way one looks or what city they are from or what job they have.  However, I believe God is going to do great things in the days to come in North County and I hope I am able to be a part of it.

Paul said in Galatians 3, "There is neither Jew nor Greek, slave nor free, male nor female, for you are all one in Christ Jesus."

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Ditto. I love NOCO. Zenora as well has diversity in her preschool; and I have diversity in the other moms I know and become friends with. My newest friend is from Croatia. Gotta love NOCO!