Thursday, March 20, 2008

March Madness

I have to tell you that March is my favorite time of the year.  I love selection Sunday where the 65 teams are named and the bracket is completed.  Usually within minutes I have already filled out my bracket predicting who will win each round (I have to admit I usually fill out several...never feeling real good about any of them).  But one of the reasons I love watching the NCAA tournament is because every team believes they have an opportunity to win.  Whether it is the 15th seeded Belmont team playing Duke or the 6th seeded Oklahoma, they all play to win and believe that they can.

Do you really believe that you are going to win?  Do you really believe that God wins?  I wonder what the disciples believed on the day when Christ was crucified.  Did they believe it was over?  That they had lost?  That Jesus was not who he said he was?  What a tough time for those men who had been walking with Jesus.  However, in only a few days Jesus is ALIVE!  God won!  We win!  I wonder what it would look like if we lived knowing that.  That He has power over the evil one and that we can accomplish what he has set before us.  Have faith.  Be strong.  Believe!  As we recognize tomorrow what happened on the cross, remember it may be Friday, but Sundays coming!

No comments: