Monday, November 17, 2008

Activist: of choice

This past Wednesday in the gathering I continued in our series called Activist and talked about being an Activist: of Choice. I emphasized that we all make choices every day that affect the people around us and a lot of people we don't even know. The proverbs say, "He who gives to the poor will lack nothing, but he who closes his eyes to them receives many curses." I think we often choose to look away when we see things that bother us or we see them and we choose do nothing about them. An activist is about action! I encouraged them to think about how we spend our money and gave them a few organizations to check into. I am also challenging them to buy things this Christmas that have purpose or benefits someone. Here are a few of those organizations:

Jedidiah's Hope Collection
Tom's Shoes
World Vision
Bead for Life
Free Set Bags

What if we would choose to make a difference with our actions. For every decision you and I make there is a price that is paid...what is yours?

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Kyle's awesome