Friday, November 21, 2008

She is just like me

Last night I took Kenedee to her dance class and I loved every minute of it...however, she has a characteristic that is a lot like me (unfortunately).  There are only 4 kids in her ballet/tap class and one of those is a boy.  They do these things were they hop, skip, leap across the gym.  It immediately turned into a race between her and the boy.  She is so COMPETITIVE!  God is still pointing this out to me.  I grew up playing sports and always wanted to be the best...would work hard and practice all the time.  It is carrying over into my adult life (basketball, ping pong, youth pastor, etc) but I am allowing God to point it out to me and to help me in this area, nothing wrong with being the best I can be but I'm not allowing myself to find my significance in it.  I want her to always be her best and to be competitive but not to be so caught up in winning all the time.

However...I did find a little pride each time she beat the boy :)

Do you allow God to point out the things in your life that are not like Christ?  I am trying my hardest to become more like him each day and I hope you are as well.

No comments: