Wednesday, November 5, 2008

Activist: of LOVE

We started a series tonight in the gathering called Activist.  We talked about being an activist of love.  I challenged our students to begin loving as God loves....to be bothered and to hurt by the things that bother and hurt God...and to fight for the things He fights for.  Each week I will look at something different and tonight I talked about the lack of clean water millions of people are faced with.  While we met tonight, it is estimated that 400 children died because of this problem.  So what do we do?  For me, I am going to only drink water for the next month and I am going to save the money I would normally spend at the coke machine, the gas station or at starbucks and give it to Blood: Water Mission.  They say not it only takes a $1 to bring clean water to a child.  One Dollar!!!!!!  I will choose to drink water so that others may live.  

Other organizations that do this are Wateraid and Living Water International.

1 comment:

romesburg28 said...

I just wanted to let you know that you are AMAZING!!! I love you!