Monday, November 10, 2008

Going so fast!

I can't believe that my beautiful daughter will be 3 next tuesday.  It seems like only yesterday I was talking to her while she was in Heather's belly.  Tonight as I was laying in bed with her trying to get her to calm down and go to sleep she kept sticking her nose against mine and holding it there until one of us laughed...I have to say I long for those moments.  There is something special about a Dad and her little girl.  I am coming to the realization that the love I have for her is like no other love.  I love my wife with all of my heart...but it is a different kind of love for her, my child....my daughter.  A love that must discipline and show her the right way.  A love that rescues her when she is scared or in a situation that she needs help getting out of.  A love that picks her up when she falls and gets hurt, kissing her and telling her it will all be ok.

Jesus says this in Matthew 7: 

If your child asks for bread, do you trick him with sawdust? If he asks for fish, do you scare him with a live snake on his plate? As bad as you are, you wouldn't think of such a thing. You're at least decent to your own children. So don't you think the God who conceived you in love will be even better?

I'm often reminded, because of my relationship with Kenedee how much God the father really loves me.  I hope today you begin to understand just a little bit or maybe you are reminded just how much he loves you and cares for you.

No comments: