Friday, September 12, 2008

Almost time for the 13.1


Yesterday after spending the day with my family, I decided I should probably go on my final run before the half marathon on Sunday.  I set off on my 3.5 mile run and as I finished the last mile I began to reflect on how far I have come the last 12 weeks.  My first run of the training process was only 2 miles and it took me 20 minutes and I felt it when I finished that day.  I ran the 3.5 yesterday in 26 minutes and felt great.  I have now ran almost 200 miles (Sunday will put me over 200.)  It's been a great journey and it has gotten easier and easier the longer I have been training, but I haven't taken my eyes off of what I set out to accomplish.

This has also been a great spiritual experience for me.  It has given me a lot of time to reflect on where I am on my journey with him.  Just like I have come a long ways in my running, I have also come a long ways in my relationship with him.  However, I am not where I want to be and I am still on the race with him.  I am keeping my eye's on the goal!  Where are you on your journey?  Do you understand it is a daily process that God is renewing and transforming you?  Have you even started on this journey?  I am thankful that God has now been on this journey with me for about 12 years!  Pursue him because he is and has been pursuing you.

*I am feeling good about Sunday, not really worried.  However, during my 12 mile run 2 weeks ago I got a huge blister just below my ankle bone on my right foot.  You can actually see a blood stain on my shoe.  It has not really healed!  Pray that it does OK Sunday!  I will be posting again Sunday about my experience.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

sorry about the run today kyle. you still did a killer job on your ten! and your shoes are ballin! Proud of you!