Friday, September 5, 2008

Priorities

Being a youth pastor, I sometimes have weird hours that I have to work.  Unfortunately, my family is the one that has to suffer sometimes.  However,  I get to take a day off each week and on that day I turn off my phone, don't check email and commit all of myself to them.  I am trying really hard to keep my priorities in check.  I do all I can to keep God number one in my life followed by my family and then my job.  Whenever those things get out of order all of those relationship suffer.  I must keep the important things first and the rest will follow in order.  I am learning to say NO!  
How are your priorities?  What is getting in the way of your relationship with Jesus?  Your job, your friends, your hobbies, an addiction, etc.  I hope that you will evaluate your life today and do what you need to do to get back on track.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

im too busy doing too many things-trying to work at them w/ all my heart, to the best of my abilities, to praise God-
that i pretty much dont spend as much time alone w/ Him as i should.