Friday, September 26, 2008

Reaching the Left From the Right

Just finished reading a book that someone in my church recommended to me called, "Reaching the Left From the Right," by Barbara Curtis.  She does a great job of taking some of the social issues of today and looks at them not from the left or the right but from what is really behind these issues.  I have also felt very strongly for a long time that it wasn't good enough to say you are Pro-Life but how was your life reflecting you were Pro-Life.  How are we supporting young mothers who have gotten pregnant unexpectedly?  What are we doing to help those children who are in foster care?  How are we helping those financially that want to adopt?  I am realizing more and more that God is a God of action...not just word!  Mrs. Curtis really challenged me on these subjects to really understand why I do or do not support something of today's social issues and how is my life reflecting what I believe.  

No comments: